Saturday, November 19, 2005

We will need another round of prayers........

Paul has developed pneumonia, and this was somewhat expected. He has been fighting a fever and it spiked to 103.9 last night. He has a cooling blanket on, and they may have to put the wet towels back on him to keep it from going too high. We are very concerned about the fever at this time. He is on a new antibiotic for the pneumonia, please pray it starts to work quickly to fight the bacteria. He is not having to deal with anything else that will cause problems at this time. He is still in a coma. In Adoration today, as we prayed, we were reading the Way of the Cross. It reminds us that we are to pick up our cross, to walk with Jesus and remember we are not alone. We are surrounded by all the love of God. It will bring us our peace and strength. We believe this with all our heart. We also remember daily, that Paul was God's first. We were blessed that God trusted him to our care and we are thankful for the gifts we received from this child of God. We also know that God knows we are here, asking for his great Mercy for our Paul. We will wait, pray and rejoice knowing that God's hand is in all things. Our love to everyone who is reading this. Your kindness and love continues to help us move forward each day. God blesses you in all ways and at all times. Praise be His Holy Name.
Love, Jon and Rebecca Fidero (parents)
We will be posting some other pictures of Paul later. It brought us great comfort as we looked at his smiling face, in so many circumstances, wth so many friends. Thank you for your support and remember, as we were reminded last night, this is a marathon, not a sprint !!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Fidero family,
I will continue to pray for Paul, and you. What a wonderful family you are. I know that Paul feels your love. He is still fighting and I will keep praying for another miracle.

Anonymous said...

Paul and family,
Your remain in our thoughts, prayers, and hearts. May the love of God,family,and friends continue to bring comfort.
Miracles do happen!

Pat and Tim Kinder
(Florida relatives)

Anonymous said...

Paul, Jon, Jim, Mike, Aunt Rebecca and Uncle Jon,
We will be informing all our friends about this for more prayers again and all of us will be praying with out holding back. I have Faith that the Lord will heal him, Paul is such a strong person that i know he wont put up with this and he'll fight with all the stength he has.
Psalm 41:3
The Lord Will Stengthen [The Blessed] On His Bed Of Illness
let gods will be done!!
I love all of you and wish i could be there with you,
love kelly

Anonymous said...

our prayers and thoughts are with you Paulie

all your loving friends

Anonymous said...

Fidero Family and friends,

Kevin and I have passed along the message of Paul's accident and his family's courage and love. Know of our continued prayers as well as from the Von Hildebrand study group.

Anonymous said...

You do not know me, but I have been praying for Paul and for all of his family and friends. I will continue to pray for more miracles. Your faith has touched me deeply. May you find peace and comfort in knowing so many others, even strangers,care.

Anonymous said...

Dear Fidero family:

My friend Alyssa told me about Paul's case, and upon reading about his status, I was in tears. It energized me, though, to see the faith you have put into God, that He is the One bringing you through it all; all things through Him are attainable. Your love is amazing for your son, and he will continue to be in my prayers. This "struggle" is only making you stronger in the faith. God Bless your family, and God give strength to Paul as he "fights the good fight of faith." AMEN :)

Anonymous said...

Paul,
I've tried multiple times to leave you a comment. But nothing I said was good enough. Nothing I said actually showed what I'm thinking and feeling. So, I give up on actually trying and will just say two things... One, Paul, I love you so much. Two, thank you for always being a caring and fun "brother". I'd been missing you a lot recently and then to have this happen... I just, just, I dunno.

See, this isn't good enough yet again. But this time I'm not going to delete it. Hang in there Paul, we need you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Fidero family,
Just want to let you know that my prayers are constant for Paul, and for you. As we know all things are possible through God. My prayers will continue day and night that he will give you strength and peace. KEEP FIGHTING PAUL> you are special.

Anonymous said...

Dear Fidero Family,
Susan told me about Paul who I have met a few times and I wanted to let you all know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Family, friends, and faith will help Paul overcome this.
God bless,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hey Paully,

keep on keepin on brother. To hell with pnuemonia i say! bring it!

Hanz Manrahan
pumpin it since '84

"Don't judge a book by its cover" - Chuck Norris, day 2

Anonymous said...

YOu do not know me, but your story has touched me. My prayers and thoughts are with, Paul, and your family and friends. Miracles do happen and you are in my thoughts and prayers.