Thursday, November 17, 2005

From Paul's Parents

To all of our brothers and sisters in Christ,
God's blessing to you all on this Feast of St. Elizabeth of Hungary. After her husband died, she embraced a life of poverty and erected a hospital in which she herself served the sick. Please
continue to pray for our son Paul, and ask that St. Elizabeth join you in your prayers this day.

We have learned to a much greater extent, that God's hand is in everything and that we are being called to trust in His love and mercy. The words "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad" is the first prayer of our day. We are so abundantly thankful to God for our lives, and each day Paul is allowed to live. But even more than this, for the very visible signs of God's love in our life. We have been more overwhelmed by the love of all who have come to us in prayer and word and action. This love being shared with us has brought us to tears more often than any other thing this last week. We are very different people than we were last Thursday because we have learned what prayer really is and what love really is and what trust in God actually is. The words, "Jesus, I trust in you" are so alive in our hearts. It is such a gift from God that we have been called in a more visible way, to trust Him. And with your prayers we are able. Your prayers have not only helped Paul in this time, but our whole family. We are so blessed to be lifted up in prayer, it is such a beautiful gift to us.

Our prayer for all of you is that you will hear God calling you by name, and that through the intercession of our Blessed Mary, Mother of God, you will do God's will in all things so that you can return home where God will say to you - Well done my faithful servant. When God wants something done in this world, he sends a child and waits, and we are all the children of God!!
Praise be to God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We have prayed each day for a miracle and we have received the miracle. It is Love.

As St. Paul said, "pray without ceasing." And we ask this of you for our son Paul, in this time we are now calling "The Miracle Season". Our most heartfelt love to you all !
Peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ,
Jon and Rebecca Fidero

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep Paul and all of you most especially in my prayers this weekend as I travel to Lourdes, asking out Mother Mary to intercede on his behalf.

Love,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Our pastor from our chuch just called to see how you are doing. He was happy to hear the news we had to share with him. The last time he talked and prayed with us was on Monday night after we all received the news about the blood clot.

It felt good to be able to share with him that you are still improving a little each day.

So, from the staff and congergation of Cornerstone Church, they said, "they will continue to pray for your recovery."

We love you Paul!

Love, "The California Fids"

Anonymous said...

Mr. & Mrs. Fidero,
I am sorry to hear about Paul...I will have him in my prayers and I just spoke with my grandmother who is also going to put him on their prayer list. Stay strong I know Paul will pull through he is a strong man!

Love and Prayers,
Bradie Baker

Anonymous said...

My first encounter with a Fidero family member was my first year at Boy Scout camp at Camp Rainy Mountain. I was taking a swimming course when I saw this one guy skipping on the dock talkin like an Irish man. To what would be later on, I found out he knew my cousin Brendan Hanrahan. I didn't know then, that Jimbo (as I know him) that he was brothers with Paul Fidero. The next summer, I went to my cousins house to stay the night. We went to you guys house to get a tape of an "event staff" concert. During the ride over, all I heard from my Cousin Brendan was how good Paul was. During that time, I was just a beginner at playing the guitar, and I needed all the advice I could get, and Brendan thought that maybe Paul was at home and I could talk to him. Well, it turned out that he wasn't home and I saw Jimbo again. Little did I know they were brothers! (small world, Eh?) Well, what i'm tryin to say is, when i saw him play on that video tape, he really inspired to become what i am today. I'm not famous, but i love to play. I talked on the phone wirh Paul a couple of weeks ago about some problems I had with the guitar. I thought that he would be busy, but we ended up talkin for an hour. In that conversation, I learned alot. I am sorry for all you guys are goin through. I will be praying for your whole family.

Peace,
Keenan McKenzie

Anonymous said...

haha I was laughing so hard about the whole Jim talking like an Irish Men! its our Irish side comming out eh Jim!! I click my heals and sing the lucky charms song almost daily!!haha...I miss you guys sooo much!!
Love Kelly

Anonymous said...

Rebecca and Jon:
Our prayers are with Paul and your family contstantly. God will triumph and bring Paul thorugh this trial and tribulation. Our Love to You All... Ann & Wray Hall