Saturday, November 26, 2005

'Eye' witness account............

The opthamologist came in to check on Paul's eye and he was very happy with what he was seeing. As he worked on Paul, I held the relic of St. Paul that was given to us by Fr. Paddy in my hands and prayed that just as St. Paul was blinded and then was able to see the love of God, our Paul would come to see the glory of God all around him when he recovers fully. It is our greatest prayer that Paul will be given the strength to continue to do God's will in his life, this new life he has been graced with.
Dr. Tucker said that he was feeling that the eye was healing very well and was happy to see Paul so well. He said that the eye is so much better than 3 days ago, and was glad to see that Paul was able to handle the examination with a lot less visible pain. The first exam was very painful for Paul and you could see his face show the pain. He was much more at peace as Dr Tucker worked on him. Praise be to God for guiding the hands of this doctor, in answer to my prayer as they worked on Paul. I also tried to handle it better.............smile. The interesting thing is that Jon and I had just come back into the room after taking a walk around the park in front of the hospital and we prayed so hard that God in His love would help Paul have restored vision in his left eye and that we understood that a miracle would be needed. We prayed for God's will to be done and then came back in renewed in strength. 10 minutes later the opthamologist walked in and we heard encouraging news. Funny old world isn't it??? We gave thanks to God and asked for blessings for this doctor as he continues his healing work.

Paul's music is playing softly in this room and I am so joyous for all that his life has brought to us this past 21 years and look with joyful hope to all that he may be graced with in the future. Today I was told by 2 women from church that all of my sons have always been so polite to them, but that only Paul was the one who would hug them immediately each time he saw them. I am learning more about this son of mine everyday and am grateful he shared his love with so many people. I look forward to getting Paul up and out into this world again, where so much love is needed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your family. I am in tears as I write this, but they are tears of happiness - I have been following along and praying since my friend told me about the situation. I am so happy that things are improving so very well-the Lord has truly taken your family into his hands, you are so very blessed. I will continue to pray for Paul and the family-I am so happy to hear how well he is doing and I know this is only the beginning of the miracles to come.

Anonymous said...

I want to first start by saying Paul is and has always been an incredible friend to me. I have visited Paul several times while he has been in the hospital. You are probably wondering why I have yet to post any commitments up. The problem is not that I have not wanted to, but for some reason I could never truly express into words all the emotions and feelings inside of me.
In my last visit I saw Paul open his eyes and look at me. There, I praised God for all his wonders and answers to our prayers. From that moment, I yearned to tell my story about how Paul has touched my life.
I met Paul around 2 years ago in a jazz history class at Georgia State University. We clicked. We found out that we grew up in same town, went to the same church, and never know each other. We started hanging out a lot together, which eventually turned into a short lived romance. Though we stop dating, we still remained very close.
It was around this time last year that I start questioning why God puts certain people in our lives. My conclusion for Paul being in my life was to connect to his family. They are truly a wonderful example of a spiritual and love family. It is amazing to see and be apart of a family that prays together and lives their faith. This is not only within their immediate family, but it expands out to their extended family. They have shown me what faith is and how God is apart of everything we do. I consider myself overwhelmingly blessed to know and love the Fidero family.
But as Paul has touched me personally, I feel like God’s purpose for Paul extends far beyond our understanding. In the beginning of the accident, I could not grasp why God would allow such a horrible experience on a serving and faithful family. As time quickly passes by, I have realized God has revealed several miracles through the use of Paul. First of all, he has united thousands in faith to pray his life and recovery. Through those prayers, God has answered our plea. He has given us the miracle of Paul awakening and responding. This has made even no believers question their viewpoints.
God’s not done with Paul yet!! Although many would say Paul might experience some form of hardship because the accident, it is all part of God’s plan for Paul and his intended purpose to spread his word. Remember God will never give us what we can’t handle.
Even though Paul is free from the majority of life threatening dangers, we must continue to pray for Paul and his recovery. I am constantly thanking God, not only for the wonders he has done for Paul, but for everything he has done in my life. I can’t determine whether within the past two weeks if God has just been revealing himself more to me in my everyday life or if Paul has once again opened my eyes to see the glories of God around us. Hopefully it is a combination of both. I pray everyone can see just how much God’s love surrounds us all.
I am certain that Paul will eventually be able to read this, so I want to end by simply saying thank you Paul!! I can’t wait until I receive one of your big hugs or even hanging out, just talking and watching you become so passionate about whatever topic we are talking on. I want to share with you how much I love you and your family. You are a blessing in my life.

Love,
Hannah