Friday, November 25, 2005

GOD'S MERCY ENDURES FOREVER

Dearest brothers and sisters in Christ,
I can hardly keep my hands from shaking as I send out this joyous message to you. Our Paul is awake and responding to us !!!! There is only one thing to say first PRAISE BE TO GOD IN HIS HEAVEN AND ALL HIS ANGELS AND SAINTS.
I am sitting here listening to his brothers talking to people on their cell phones and there is so much laughter and joy in the room and we can hear people on the other ends of the phones laughing with joy and crying. Our God in His heaven has heard our plea for help and I pray that each of you will understand that He touched each of you for a reason. Take time to listen to Him each day, and always be ready to say yes to His will and to have the courage and wisdom and strength to say yes. I can tell you first hand, it is not easy. But I can tell you that I am a very weak person, and that is how I know that this was all God's will and that He was carrying us through.

Last night we brought music Paul and Jon had recorded and let Paul listen to it. He had not been moving much in the last few days. His heart rate went way up, he opened his right eye and moved his right arm, like he was trying to play the guitar. After about 20 minutes, he yawned and fell back asleep.

The doctor who told us that we needed to understand that this was a very severe brain injury and that Paul would probably always be on the ventilator and even mentioned that the next infection could possibly just be left unattended as an option, was the very doctor who called us this morning. He waited until we got to the hospital also, and this doctor was usually out of the unit by 7:30 each morning! This is also the doctor that I stood behind 2 days ago and in my mind told him that he was in my sights and he would be prayed for by me and most fervently, that he would come to know that God loves him and everyone. Another prayer answered!! He is astounded by this all. The nurses were in the hallways waiting for us to arrive, and hugged us as we all said Praise be to God. It was a beautiful sight.

Jon and Jim raced to the hospital first and Paul was letting them know he knew them by squeezing their hands on command and in answer to their questions. We came into the room shortly after and while I was talking to Paul, a tear rolled down his cheek. He squeezed my hand as I tried to let him know that he was fine, to try not to talk and just let us continue to take care of him. We told him to keep talking to Blessed Mother and Jesus as he gets better. There will be much to tell over the next few days and we will share all of our stories about how he responded to each of us and the progress we pray will happen.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE, LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD.

OUR LOVE TO ALL OF YOU.
Jon and Rebecca Fidero

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise be to God Forever! The power of prayer is a beautiful thing. To the Fideros and Paul, this is great news and many people will be forever changed by this wonderful news.
It is truly the greatest Thanksgiving.

Probably gonna ask for a raise now, huh!

With much Love,
Richard Watson and all of us at DTSi

Anonymous said...

My sister, Lynne, and I have been saying the rosary often for Paul, all the Fidero's and the Brown Family in total. Lynne says she doesn't even need the rosary as she "knows it by heart. I just lose count of the Hail Mary's and then I have to start over." As you can see, Lynne as a head injury survivor, has a special connection the the Heavens above. The entire Dolan, Rosen, Took and Kinder families send only love, prayers and hope for this continued progression.

Anonymous said...

A good bit of the noise Rebecca could hear from her son's phones this mornign was coming from Naperville where we were celebrating with tears, hugs prayers and Mimosas (sorry for the irreverance but I think God will forgive our gleeful indulgence).

Our neighbors have called in tears after recieving the news - trust me Paul, Naperville is on your enormous list of fans. Can't wait to have you squeeze our hands!

Thanks to all who have supported the Fideros with prayer and thought.

We love all of you!

Love,

Uncle Keith, Uncle Jim, Aunt Kelly, Griffin, Abigail and Abby dog.

Anonymous said...

what a blessing

Anonymous said...

Your good news has me in tears (of joy) this morning. Miracles do happen! I have never prayed so much as for this amazing young man and family I have never met.

Continuing to hope and pray for Paul's full recovery and the continuing faith and strength of his family and friends, with love,

Sharon Felder (Lauren's sister-in-law)

Anonymous said...

To the Fideros,

Denise & I wish to add our continous thoughts for Paul's recovery. You are never far from our minds.

Bruce & Denise Arnold
(Jake's parents)

Anonymous said...

Thank God!

Anonymous said...

I am in tears reading your account of the events of the past 24 hours. I have been praying for Paul since hearing of his accident. I have never met Paul or the Fidero family but have been following the daily blog accounts and praying fervently. On Thanksgiving morning I went to the 6:30am mass and was offering it for Paul. I prayed to Mary to intercede because it was the 13th day after Paul's accident and it is a special number for The Blessed Virgin. She appeared to the children at Fatima on the 13th of each month. As I was praying we started singing "Mary's Song" at the offertory. It thought it was an unusual song for Thanksgiving Mass but felt this entire peace come over me. I had prayed that Mary would intercede for some sign to happen on this 13th day that would let the Fidero family know which direction Paul's injuries were leading. I suddenly felt there would be a sign from all the prayers of all the people praying to her for intercession, but was afraid all day about which direction the sign would point to. Now I am so filled with Joy!! I will be praying daily in thankgiving to Mary for her prayers on Paul's behalf!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I thought of you often yesterday. I was remembering the long days at Scottish Rite with Gracemary which seem so long ago. I believe that those days are long gone and I look forward to the day that you can look back at the events of the last few weeks as a distance memory. The community that has prayed for Paul's recovery will be changed forever! Paul's struggle will be one of the many testiments of God's love and mercy.

Rebecca and Jon, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you for sharing your struggle with everyone. This has reminded me of the power of prayer and that miracles can happen.

Paul will continue to be in our prayers each day as he begins this phase of his healing.

Many blessings for the entire Fidero family!!!!

Katy Oubre

Anonymous said...

HURRAYYY!!! Thank you, JESUS!!!

Anonymous said...

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay! =D

Anonymous said...

From the very beginning I knew that, because Jesus is both mighty and merciful, I could pray a big prayer to Him in this matter. That prayer has always been that Paul would not only live, but be restored to his family. Today, once again, we have His witnesss of Himself, and that witness is this: our God reigns!

Anonymous said...

Blessed be God forever. That was the best wake up call I have ever had. Each time I stop to ponder the events and the glory of God I am overcome with joyful tears. Wish I could be with you again on this the 2 week date of the beginning of a whole new life Rebecca. Fridays will always have a new meaning to me and the sorrowful mysteries will show thier bountiful blessings. Blessed be God FOREVER!
Aunt Mary Beth

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is such awesome news. Paul and the Fidero family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers

Anonymous said...

Dear Paul and family,

I have not met any of you. I work at Ave Maria and, of course, I heard about the accident and visited this web site as its address was sent to us via e-mail. Since then I have been praying that God's will would be done, but if this will would be bringing Paul back, that would surely bring a smile and praises to Him from a lot of His people. Today I was just remembering that prayer, as a smile enlightened my face and praises to God flooded my heart. And as I was, again, praying and giving thanks, I asked for a word to send to you as a gift, and I was blessed by this beautiful word that I pass on to you now:
Ecclesiastes 3, 1-14

God be blessed in each and every of the experiences of His mercy that you and each of us has experienced since November 11. I hope I can meet you some day so we can share a hug and a prayer to our Father.

Thank you for sharing all your faith and trust in God poured over this path of suffering in hope.

Your sister in Christ,

Paula

Anonymous said...

The Naperville Brown's called us this morning to tell us of the exciting news! Paul, it was just a few weeks ago when we last saw you and we are looking so forward to seeing you again back here in Naperville! Keep the faith!!
From the Naperville Carlson's (Dave, Karen and Ryan)

Anonymous said...

You were really scaring us, Paul...but thank God for the progress you've made. I'm sure more miracles are soon to come... and the amount of love and prayers in your name is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! We will all be praying for continuous improvement in this way! I am thanking God every time I think of you.

Anonymous said...

I have never been a very spiritual person until this. As soon as I heard about Paul, who I have met only a few times, I immediately prayed for him and his family. I have continued to read your inspirational posts and know that He would take care of Paul.
Today a couple came into my work. The man spoke to me with a slow speech. Soon he told me that he was in a coma for over a week and was told he would never live; now he is alive and well! His wife looked at me and said, "We are all blessed and can do all things through Christ". I immediately thought of Paul.
I just wanted to share how much you have moved me spiritually. With much love.

Anonymous said...

Praise Be Jesus Christ Now and Forever! What Joyous and Miraculous News! We have been praying for John Paul II's intercession for Paul's recovery. With Love to Your Family.

Anonymous said...

LET US ALL REJOICE AND BE GLAD...God is SOOOOO GOOD---

Love and Prayers,

Jan, Julie, Jeff Took and All the Rosen Family