Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sit up and be counted........

They got Paul out of bed today and sitting in a straight back chair. He did not look at all comfortable, but he was moving his right side and seemed to be trying to figure out where he was. The struggle for him was very apparent, as he was sweating profusely. He stayed awake the whole 20-25 minutes, but after he was put back into bed, he slept very soundly. Getting him up is very beneficial for his lungs as it helps in the healing process. He had a few moments of real struggle when the respiratory therapist came in to help him clear his lungs. It's the worst part of Paul's day. We have heard that he will probably not remember any of his stay at Gwinnett Medical Center, and this is a true blessing from God. The pain he has endured as they move him with all his broken bones, the work on clearing his lungs, not to mention all the rides down to radiology, are good things to forget!

I was sent the message from Our Blessed Mother's message in Medjugorje and it made me smile. It is entered here for you also to read.

Medjugorje Message - November 25, 2005

“Dear children! Also today I call you to pray, pray, pray until prayer becomes life for you. Little children, at this time, in a special way, I pray before God to give you the gift of faith. Only in faith will you discover the joy of the gift of life that God has given you. Your heart will be joyful thinking of eternity. I am with you and love you with a tender love. Thank you for having responded to my call"

Our family has learned most especially that we always need to respond to God's call and that He will grace us with His blessings and love. By our responding with the same Yes as Blessed Mary to His call, we then radiate His Glory. We pray that this will not be forgotten by any of us.

We also want to thank today all the priests who have come to bless Paul in these last 2 weeks. How blessed our city is to have such AWESOME priests. God bless Fr. Paddy, pastor of St. Stephen the Martyr Catholic church, Fr. Jack Durkin, Chaplain at St. Pius Catholic High School and Fr. Kevin Peek, Chaplain at Blessed Trinity Catholic High School. Their loving and quick response to all of our spiritual needs is another wonderous gift of this "Miracle Season".

Peace in Christ today,
Love
Jon and Rebecca Fidero

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am Sharon Purdy, Brendan Hanrahan's aunt, Joe (Sean) is my brother. I met Paul in August at Brendan's house. The boys where going to celebrate Brendan's 21st BD. What I remember about Paul is that, I remember him, his warm face and thinking "what a nice kid". I have met many of Brendan's friends through the years but Paul I really remembered
Since hearing about Paul, I think and pray for him alot during the day......Paul has touched so many people during his years, he is young and strong willed. We all are praying for his day to day positive changes. Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Julia. I did not know Paul, but I graduated from Ave Maria this summer. I heard about Paul's accident from friends and immediately started to pray. I met someone today at the Benedictine Abbey in Still River Mass, who said he knows Marie and I told him to pray for Paul too, and he said he already knew and was praying. There are many people here in Massachusetts and New Hampshire that do not even know Paul that are praying. I teach at a school up here and many of them know Marie and her family and have been praying for Paul. I too am rejoicing with you today at the recovery that has taken place and continue to pray for Paul's continuing recovery. God has performed miracles in Paul's life and has allowed so many to become closer to Him by bringing so many of His people together from all over to unite in prayer and love for one of our brothers in Christ.

May God continue to bless you and give you His peace.

Anonymous said...

Dear Neighbors,

Every day, when I read the blog, I am so touched by your faith and spirit. Ron and I marvel at how much you and your family are messengers of God's goodness, when you had so much to be concerned with in your own lives. You all remind me, many times a day, of what my high school band director always said, "God is good...all the time". I just can't wait to see what other miracles await all of you. No doubt, they will be bigger and better than our best imagination! All of you Fideros are in our prayers every day.

Connie Aylor

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul!
Yesterday, at the Perpetual Adoration Chapel, Chris Paciorek said she prayed for you at the tomb of Pope John Paul II on November 23, 2005 and Father Hennessy, from St. Patrick's, had a special Mass said for you while on their Rome trip. You have had some amazing prayers said for you which will aid your healing. God bless you Paul and we are praying for you. With God, everything is possible.
love,
Patty, Mark and Palmquist/Powell/St. Stephen families