Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Go Tell It on the Mountain

As I sit here typing, Paul is playing the piano. It has been a monumental morning and one truly blessed by God. Paul woke up at 7:40 AM, on his own and woke me! He was standing at the side of the bed and asked if I should be getting up to go to work. I had overslept! He said he was going to wake me at 7:30, but thought maybe I was not going to work, since it was so late and I had not gotten up. I barely recovered from the shock of that when he said, "Here, take my hands and I will get you up like you help me all the time." I had to tell myself to 'breathe'!! Smile. He got his shoes on and walked downstairs. He called up to me that he was going to take his dog outside. I came running down the steps and saw him heading out the front door. Just like I have pictured it in my head so many times, and have hoped for a day just like today! I quickly grabbed the camera and he turned around and said, "Can you stand out here and let me try something? I want to walk to the mailbox by myself, with just my dog." I put the camera on movie mode and filmed it all. He touched the mailbox and then raised his arm in victory. He then called to his dog and they walked back to me. I hugged him and we walked back in and he wanted to know what was for breakfast. I said, "Anything you want today!". He only wanted a bowl of cereal. (It will have to be Wheaties today..........'The Breakfast of Champions'!) He then sat down and has been playing the piano since I started this blog. I guess breakfast is on hold!

Today is the Feast of St. James, the apostle. It appears one more apostle is praying for Paul! (Or maybe the prayers are for James - looks like he might have an easy day of it today!) James, Jerry and Paul have just headed out to go to Mass and so begins our day.

To those who prefer the shorter version of Paul's recovery - you are receiving it today. I am out of time!!

This is truly the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
Love,
Jon and Rebecca
(Pictures will have to come even later than I thought!! - Will try to get them on later. Pray today that Paul will be able to go swimming, as planned yesterday. Looks like it is a go!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's AWESOME!!! Even greater things are still to come!

Anonymous said...

Praised be Jesus Christ! It is amazing to step back and see how far Paul has progressed in these 8 1/2 months. We pray that his recovery continues with such great improvements, with God's help.
May you continue to delight is the small things, which each serves to magnify the greatness of God, who is surely watching over Paul.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a day! Keep going Paul!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the sequel! I will think of Paul when I go out to get my mail today!! WAY TO GO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fidero Family,
I am ALWAYS praying for Paul. Hope he gets to go swimming.
Paul,
Keep going Paul! You are well on the long road to recovery.

Anonymous said...

If any of my siblings, nieces and nephews have read this and they too are afflicted by Grandpa Brown's dreaded "sap" gene, then Paul could go swimming today in any number of pools of tears.

What a lift to the spirits - I'm with you Mary Beth Blessed be God Forever!

KB

Anonymous said...

Gee, maybe those Fidero Girls should just stay on for the rest of the summer.....

It could be a good thing for all of us, us California Parents get a little vacation back here at home (no offence girls) and the girls would be right where they want to be, with there cousins and Paul would have more reason to keep on trucking! OH, Now, back to reality....

We are just so happy that we all had so much quality time with Paul and a lot of fun hanging with the rest of the family. The boys did a great job trying to keep us all entertained. Thanks guys for putting up with the Aunt and Uncle also.

Paul, our prayers will continue as you prepare and head off to Savannah next week. "Third times a charm." We will be sure to share your next venture with our family, friends and prayer chain so they too can pray that Savannah will be the answer to those nasty headachs.

Thank you all for having us. It was just what we all needed, "FAMILY TIME."

God Bless You All

With lots of love,

The Fidsnkids