Monday, April 17, 2006

Minute By Minute By Minute By Minute.......

Jon had taken last Thursday through tomorrow as vacation days in anticipation of the trip we had hoped to take to Chicago. It has turned out to be a huge blessing in that I had help with Paul's hospital stay Good Friday through Easter Sunday. And also, he is here to help me again tonight. We are back in the Emergency Room where there is a very full house. We have been blessed in that they found a bed for Paul to use, due to his condition. We are not sure what is wrong, but late this afternoon I noticed that his forehead was protruding and there seemed to be fluid accumulating under his scalp. I called the neurosurgen's office, and spoke to the nurse. She said the doctor was in surgery and that we needed to get Paul to the ER to be seen. He is not in any more pain than before, but there is an apparent complication after his last surgery. He thankfully is sleeping through this wait. We are again praying. Thank goodness we had some time to rest yesterday!

Since Jon was home today, I was able to go to the office where I work and visit with so many of my friends there. It was so wonderful to hug them and be hugged! I went by my desk and the first thing I noticed was the large picture I have of my 4 sons that was taken a year ago at Christmas. How joyous their faces were and my prayer is that Paul will be smiling like that again really soon. It still amazes me how quickly our lives changed, but I still hold on to the belief that since God allowed this to happen to us, He will bring us through this. We have just come to another speed bump on our 5 m.p.h. road to California!

Please pray that this will be a problem easily resolved and that we can bring Paul home quickly. This is the 4th hospital stay since 3/23 and he could sure use longer stays at home to build up his strength and endurance. Me too..............smile.
I imagine Jon will be very hesitant to schedule more vacation time!

Thank you for the time you have all spent in prayer for Paul and our family. I know they are answered according to God's will and they surely are what helps us keep our faith as we watch it all unfold!

Peace in the Risen Lord,
Jon and Rebecca

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christ is risen, indeed, and His battle won! My prayers will be constant that Paul's battle with this struggle will very soon be won also and that he will be back to that smiling young man in your picture. We're pulling for you Paul, keep fighting!

Anonymous said...

DEAR FIDEROS,
I AM PRAYING FOR PAUL, AND FOR YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY. GOD BLESS!
THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO KEEP THE PRAYER FAN CLUB POSTED.

Anonymous said...

My prayer is that Paul gets the medical help he needs and that all of the rest of you get the rest and guidance you need. This really is an incredible journey.

I hope you are all home together soon!

Our prayers continue unceasingly...

Connie

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Blessed Mother.

Don't look now, but you're out of Georgia and in Alabama!