Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ave Maria Graduation Day Pictures















Paul was playing his guitar and
was very absorbed in it. He is
playing just about as well as he
used to. He enjoys his electric guitars
a lot more than his classical -
he will play for long periods of
time without even knowing someone
is in the room. I thank God he still
has his talent. It is a wonderful gift.



Jon and his son, Jon















There was lots of laughter and joking
around as we all got ready to go
to the graduation. James and Paul
were in high gear, just like so many
times before. It was a very
memorable time for me, so
I had to grab the camera to capture
another one.






Marie, Jon and James
I know I am correct when I
say that Marie played a very
important role in helping James
graduate from Ave Maria. She is
his friend, a big sister and a great
counselor. She has been and continues
to be there for him. She is a blessing
to our family!





Not too anxious to leave....................
James is entering Officer Candidate
School (Marines) this Thursday, 5/29
at 3:00 PM. That will be the Divine
Mercy Hour - Icould not have planned
it better myself!












How I love my sons!














Jon and his 4 sons
He could not have been
any more proud of them
than he was that day!




















Jon, Paul and Dr. Dauphinais,
AssociateProfessor of Theology
and Dean of Faculty. He told us that a couple of his
relatives read the blog (surprised me!)
We sat with him at lunch - we were filled with far greater
knowledge, along with delicious food!
It was an immensely enjoyable
time.




Marie, baby Jon, Jon, Fr. Fessio
and Paul. We will always consider
it an honor to have met Fr. Fessio.
He is a wonderful and holy priest-
a true blessing to the students at
Ave Maria.









All of us after the graduation
It was one of the warmest days
ever! I know the graduates were
roasting in their cap and gowns!





























These bricks were purchased by Jon and Marie
(ours was a gift!) and are about 20 feet outside
the front doors of the church, not very far from
each other. It brought great jot to see these.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing family. You all look so happy and beautiful and handsome, but of course none of you holds a candle to gorgeous baby Jon! Rebecca and Jon, you have every right to be extremely proud.

Marie Fidero said...

Aww, James is a wonderful friend and brother in law. We have so loved having him in VA with us - the time has come to an end much too quickly!

Salome Ellen said...

Rebecca, I just want to re-identify myself as Branwen and Miriel Thomas' mother (they were two of Marie's AMU roomates) and let you know that since our son Brandon joined the Coast Guard two years ago, I have developed a longish list of those in the service whom I pray for daily. James has just joined the list.

Anonymous said...

Your family has grown in beauty and number. ONe can only observe to know that you are truly blessed by God.

Anonymous said...

What awesome pics, Rebecca! Congrats to your son! what a great achievement.

i loved seeing you at the party for Fr. Jack last nite. You are such a doll with a warm smile and the kindest heart. and so great to finally meet Paul! he looks awesome and i am so glad he is doing so well. it was an honor to shake the hand of someone so courageous and strong!

much love to you all, Rebecca!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all and praying for you everyday. This is still the first place I look when I turn on my computer every morning. Peace and God's blessings to you.